The Mesoesthetic Cosmelan 2 Cream is a wonderful way to effectively treat stubborn pigmentation in the comfort of your home. Cosmelan is a topical treatment designed to reduce and regulate stubborn and dense pigmentation and blotchiness. Cosmelan’s blend of synergistic ingredients work fairly quickly, resulting in an effective blending and reduction of undesirable pigment.
The Cosmelan 2 Cream contains a number of active ingredients. Active ingredients include azelaic acid, kojic acid, arbutine, phytic acid, ascorbic acid. Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment action mechanism is based on the inhibition of tyrosinase, a basic enzyme in the melanin/pigmentation formation process. Cosmelan regulates the melanin activity, causing the pigment producing cells to slow down their abnormal over-production and function in a more uniform way.
How to introduce Cosmelan 2 into your skincare routine:
You will need to mix the 1 part (1x pea size) of the Mesoesthetic Cosmelan 2 Cream with 2 parts (2x pea size) of the Mesoesthetic Hydra-Vital Factor K Moisturiser.
- Apply every 3rd night in the first two weeks
- Apply every 2nd night in the next two weeks
- Then apply every night
- If your skin can tolerate it, and you want to accelerate the results, you can increase use to twice per day (morning and evening). Once you are happy with the results, you can step back usage to every night or every second night.
Do not use creamy or oil based serums underneath the Cosmelan 2 cream. Water-based serums (eg hyaluronic acid) can be applied beforehand. You will not need to use any products containing retinol, AHAs or BHAs when using the Cosmelan 2 cream.
For best results, you MUST use sunscreen every day.
What will happen when I first start using Cosmelan 2?
Most users achieve noticable improvements in as little as two weeks to three weeks of use.
When you commencing use of Cosmelan 2, it is not unusual to experience some redness, dryness and flaky skin. Your skin will eventually settle down as it becomes more tolerant of the ingredients. If the reddness and irritation persists, reduce the quantity of Cosmelan 2 that you are using. You can do this by either by reducing the ratio of Cosmelan 2 to Hydra Vital Factor K; and/or reducing the frequency of use, until your skin can tolerate it. Ensure you are using a gentle, non-acid based cleanser during this time.
We recommend using the Cosmelan 2 Cream in the following circumstances:
- You have tried other depigmentation serums/products at home, but are not satisfied with the results
- You are looking for an alternative to in-clinic depigmentation treatments
- You have undergone clinic treatments for pigmentation, and you want to accelerate and/or maintain your results
- You have been using basic skincare at home and you want to prepare your skin prior to the Cosmelan Peel. (If you want to remove 70-95% of your pigmentation within 2-3 months, we recommend you consider combining the Cosmelan 2 Cream with the Cosmelan Peel )
- You are NOT pregnant or breastfeeding
With consistent use of Cosmelan 2, you’ll see satisfying improvements to your skin – a reduction of dark spots, a more even skin tone and a smoother, rejuvenated complexion.